Saratoga Springs, UT Mold Damage Remediation
Your Saratoga Springs home or commercial property can quickly become infested with mold if a source of water is present. Mold can spread throughout a property in as little as 48 hours. Since mold can produce allergens and irritants, you should call us to inspect your home if you suspect you have a mold problem. If mold is found, we have the training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by reviewing these mold damage tips.
SERVPRO of Utah County
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (801) 785-5228
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens, irritants, and toxins.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Faster to Any Size Emergency
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
Locally Owned, with National Resources
We are proud to be an active member of this community. SERVPRO of Utah County is locally owned and operated, so we’re already nearby and ready to help Saratoga Springs residents and business owners with any size mold contamination.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Provo, UT
- Orem, UT
- Lehi, UT
- Spanish Fork, UT
- Pleasant Grove, UT
- Springville, UT
- Eagle Mountain, UT
- American Fork, UT
- Saratoga Springs, UT
- Payson, UT
- Santaquin, UT
- Lindon, UT
- Alpine, UT
- Cedar Hills, UT
- Mapleton, UT
- Salem, UT
- Vineyard, UT
- Woodland Hills, UT
- Lake Shore, UT
Highly Trained Water and Mold Restoration Specialists
We are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs. Learn about our water and mold training and certificates.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
Step 1: Emergency Contact - (801) 785-5228
We’re available 24 hours, 7 days a week to answer your phone call. Our consultant will guide you through this process, asking questions that will allow us to better understand your situation and to determine the needed equipment and personnel.
Step 2: Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
We determine the scope of the mold damage by carefully inspecting your property for visible signs of mold. Since mold can be hidden, we use various technologies to detect mold and hidden water sources.
Step 3: Mold Containment
To keep the mold spores from spreading further, we will use various mold containment procedures. Our professionals may use physical barriers and negative air pressure to isolate the contaminated area and to help prevent the mold spores from spreading through your Saratoga Springs, UT home or business. Also, we’ll turn off the property’s fans and heating and cooling systems to prevent the spread of mold.
Step 4: Air Filtration
We use powerful air scrubbers, HEPA vacuums, and other filtration equipment to remove microscopic mold spores out of the air. This air filtration process and our mold containment process help to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
The mold remediation process depends on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces on which the mold appears. We’ll use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming. It may be necessary to remove and dispose of mold-infested porous materials, like drywall and carpeting, to remediate heavy mold growth.
Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Sanitizing
SERVPRO of Utah County will use a variety of cleaning techniques and products to clean your furnishings and personal belongings. Since mold infestations also cause a persistent musty odor, our professionals are also trained to remove odors and provide deodorization using fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may have been removed. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business. The restoration step gets your home or business back to normal.
SERVPRO knows Mold
In Saratoga Springs, UT, SERVPRO of Utah County is ready to tackle and resolve any mold issues that arise. SERVPRO professionals understand the anxiety that can happen when a homeowner uncovers mold. Let us help put your worries to rest. Our knowledgeable crew is ready with the gear needed to tackle any mold job. Reach us at (801) 785-5228 - We’re ready to activate our team to remediate your mold.