Why Choose SERVPRO? We are just like you.
They say that out of disaster comes opportunity. That is indeed the case with Thomas and Libbie Hamann who, after not one kitchen fire but two, set up SERVPRO Of Provo. That was 40 years ago, and today they are still passing on their knowledge and experience to their staff, including their son Scott Hamann; himself an expert of 12+ years experience.
It is our exceptional customer service that has got us where we are today, so of course, we are going to go to the extra mile in every service. Our expertise in restoration work on commercial and private properties is second to none. So when any size disaster strikes your property, you know that SERVPRO of Provo is here to make it "Like it never even happened." SERVPRO is the go-to provider for restoration in Utah. Helping Commercial and private property owners with mold assessment & remediation, water/ fire damage, storm, and building work for nearly four decades.
For a stress-free claims process, SERVPRO works with your insurance to help manage the insurance process and paperwork.
What to Do When Your Business Floods?
Commercial Water Restoration Presents Unique Challenges
SERVPRO of North Utah County has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial flooding or water damage emergencies. Whether your water emergency occurs in a small office building or big box store, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion. Learn more about Learn more about our training and certifications..
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
Call SERVPRO today we can make it "Like it never even happened."
Why Board Up After a commercial Fire?
If your Commercial property in Utah county has experienced a fire, there are several reasons why you might want to board up structural damage or windows. In addition to keeping the external elements out of your home with fire damage, boarding up can also prevent additional losses due to looting and make the fire cleanup process easier.
Most full-service restoration specialists offer boarding-up services. Here are four reasons to board-up after a fire.
1. The premises still have sustainable inventory. If the building still contains products that appear viable, you should consider boarding. These products may involve evaluation and cleaning and may not be suitable for sale, but it may be useful for insurance reasons to have them correctly processed rather than stolen.
2. You want electronics and other valuables to be protected. You may be able to restore certain electronics or other precious assets to working condition depending on the extent of the fire damage. Loss can be much more costly than repairing or replacing covered.
3. You need to keep out the elements. If the structure of your property has sustained extensive damage, you should try to keep the elements out. Exposure to additional water, wind, or sunlight can compound the damage caused by smoke residue and soot.
4. You want to limit soot damage. It is generally a good idea to reduce foot traffic on the scene of a recent fire. When soot gets embedded into carpeting or upholstery, it can be much more difficult to restore these materials to a pre-fire condition.
Talk to restoration experts at SERVPRO of Utah County, about whether boarding-up is a good strategy for preventing loss and limiting the damage after a fire. Your major concern is likely to be how to recover from fire damage as quickly and completely as possible. Preventing looting and exposure to the elements can make fire cleanup more successful.
Water Damage Restoration Services
The procedure of restoration starts as quickly as you pick up the phone to call us. SERVPRO is accessible for your water emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, whether you have a tiny water loss such as leakage of your washer or a big loss where you come back to several inches of water filling your garage. It is important to take ASAP action whenever you deal with water in your home. The longer the water sits the more damage it causes and the more dangerous it can be.
Water damage can be very stressful in your home and cause a lot of chaos. If you call SERVPRO, feel comfortable knowing that our technicians have the particular training for water damage and the knowledge required to get you through this stressful moment. The cornerstone of our company is water damage.
What are you going to expect when calling SERVPRO? We'll ask you a few questions about your water loss when you call. These issues will assist us to prepare with the necessary services, resources and number of technicians.
Be ready when you call to answer these questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (including agent name) if applicable
- The street address of the damaged home
- When did the flooding/water damage occur?
- What caused the water damaged, (if known)?
- Is there electricity available for our use?
Upon arrival at your home, SERVPRO will perform a thorough inspection including a damage evaluation. Our technicians are trying to assess the seriousness of the damage at this point and to create an action plan. We will inspect the source of the moisture and ensure that it is stopped before the restoration and drying process can start. We will then determine the water's level of contamination
- Category 1: “Clean Water”
- Category 2: “Gray Water”
- Category 3: “Black Water”
After this category of the water has been determined SERVPRO can them go forward with our plan of action and begin the cleanup process.
Why Choose SERVPRO? Because SERVPRO is the BEST!!
SERVPRO IS THE BEST!
If you have ever had a disaster in your home whether it was flooding and water damage, fire or smoke damage, discovering mold in a hidden corner, or you have a bat infestation in your attic you might wonder who among all the restoration and clean up companies to call. SERVPRO has over 38 years of experience, highly trained certified technicians, 24-hour emergency service, locally owned and operated, and a trusted leader in the restoration industry. If you don’t believe SERVPRO is the best check it out these testimonials left by some of our customers!
“Our sewer backed up leaving 2" of raw sewage in the basement. I was working a 48-hour shift. Leaving my wife 4 kids to try to figure out what to do. I got in touch with SERVPRO and they came right away and within hours they had the basement cleaned out, sprayed down and fan and dehumidifiers set up. They came back every day to check on the progress and make sure it was drying like it should. I wouldn’t hesitate to us them again! Thanks guys for all your help!!” -Trenton (Springville)
We had a partial loss fire and SERVPRO was there the next day with our adjuster to get started on our process to rebuild. We have been so happy with them and would highly recommend them. The have been so good at getting us what we want and they are very good at working with insurance companies to help the owner get what they want. I felt like they were advocates for us. –Deanna (Orem)
SERVPRO cleaned my carpets and they did an amazing job. With the first few swipes I was able to see a huge difference, which I couldn't see with previous carpet cleaners. Fast, friendly, and affordable! –Randi (Spanish Fork)
I appreciated so much the attitude of the service technicians. Oh, don't worry we can move that and this and we will put it back. Not a problem. My carpet space that needed help was fairly small compared to your large jobs like issues caused by nature or.....They didn't mind and they did a perfect job, and made some helpful recommendations. Plus, this is the best....they arrived on time. –Mary-Elizabeth (Sanatquin)
“Relieved! Thrilled! Happy! Amazing! Outstanding! Awesome! WOW! Not enough positive adjectives to describe my overall impressions. To go from completely devastated from my house flood to completely thrilled with the way the house turned out from all of SERVPRO's quality work is an understatement! From beginning to end SERVPRO has been professional, honest, efficient, friendly, and reliable. They were recommended by my insurance agent along with 2 other companies. When I told the adjuster I chose SERVPRO (because of their ratings and customer feedback), he said "Great, I am glad you chose SERVPRO. They are the VERY BEST." – Katie (Springville)
I was completely impressed from clean up to restoration! My house looks better than it did before they flood. They were knowledgeable, on time, and so nice. I also felt the service was very affordable. Thank you SERVPRO. – Lisa (Provo)
If you find your home in need of a restoration and clean-up company do yourself a favor and call SERVPRO today!
Automatic Fire Sprinkler Discharge and How to Handle It
Automatic Fire Sprinkler Discharge
Automatic fire sprinkler systems are widely considered the single most effective tool for protecting your structure, property, and lives from a fire. Having an automatic fire sprinkler system in place is basically the same as having firefighter protection 24/7. Fire sprinkler heads respond individually to a number of things including: Heat from a fire, Corrosion, Mechanical Damage, and Sabotage/Vandalism. If you do have a fire in your building you are going to be very grateful for the fire sprinkler system, if it is an accidental discharge it will become somewhat of a burden. To Make things easier in the case of an accidental discharge follow these tips below.
- Shut Off Water Immediately
Shut off the water supply to the fire sprinkler system as soon as you can. The faster you can turn the water off the less potential for major water damage you have. Be aware that it will take a couple moments to stop, the water has to clear the lines first.
- Mitigate Future Damage
You will want to clear as much as possible from the affected area so mitigate further damage. Move furniture, valuables, and equipment to a safe dry area to limit exposure and further damage.
- Call Your Insurance Company
You will want to call your insurance agent as soon as you can to find out what steps to take next and the claims process. Also, so they can send someone to assess the situation and damage. Their assessment will determine who is responsible for the damage.
- Call SERVPRO of North Utah County
Call a restoration company that specializes in water damage like SERVPRO of North Utah County to help mitigate and restore the area. SERVPRO is a much better choice than DIY because we are trained in disaster cleanup and ready to help when you need us.
How to Detect Water Damage in Your Home
Don't miss the signs to detect water damage in your home!
How to Detect Water Damage in Your Home
Have you ever wondered if you have water damage in your home? You may think a water leak is easy to detect and something you would notice right away but that is not always the case. Sometimes the signs of water damage are hidden outside, behind a wall, under the floorboards, in a crawl space or attic, and behind appliances. No matter when it happened there are ways to detect the situation.
Follow these steps to detect these signs of water damage in or around your home
- Water Accumulation- the most obvious sign is standing water
- Discoloration- watch for yellow-brownish water spots and stains on walls. You may also notice bubbling and cracking in the paint.
- Texture Changes- warping, buckling, sagging, sinking, and/or expansion in flooring
- Mold and/or Mildew- dark spots growing in corner and edges of walls and flooring
- Odor- moisture, humidity, and low circulation in the air cause mold and mildew to grow causing a musty odor.
Now that you have detected the issue what should you do? Call SERVPRO to come check it out!
SERVPRO of North Utah County is well-versed in dealing with water damages. We have helped commercial properties as well as residents remove water and prevent the risk of secondary damages like mold or mildew buildup. Using state-of-the-art moisture detectors and our commitment to providing the very best service we are here to ensure your water damage issue is dealt with effectively and efficiently.
We are just a phone call away and are local to the area which reduces our call out times and we can be there when you need us. Call us today for a professional inspection, remediation, and restoration service from an award-winning business.
Stop, Drop, & Clean the Lint Out from Inside Your Dryer Vent!
Lints that gets caught and builds up in your dryer vents can cause a fire in your home.
We all know to clean out the lint screen of our dryers, right? Did you know if you aren’t cleaning the lint out of the INSIDE and VENT of your dryer you are putting your family in danger of a house fire? Over time lint will build up and settle in the bottom of your dryer and in your dryer vent. If you don’t clean this out the heat from the dryer can ignite a fire inside your dryer. You know what the boy scouts say, “lint is the great to start a fire”.
Here is an experience from someone who recently had a fire in her dryer and was lucky enough it didn’t start her house on fire.
Counting our blessings today… Last night we smelled something "burning" right as we were going to bed. We thought it was our renters burning food or something in their oven. We had windows open and fans going but didn't really think much of it. Well this afternoon I went to get clothes out of the dryer, they smelled horrible!!! Like a cross between camp fire smoke and cigarette smoke. So, I threw them back in the washer and told my husband. When he got home, we pulled the bottom portion of the dryer off just to check things out. To our amazement (we haven't had this dryer THAT long - but bought it from someone else) there was burnt/singed lint everywhere. There had been a lint fire inside the bottom of our dryer last night. Our house seriously could have caught on fire. I'm so glad it didn't. Hence - we are counting our blessings today and I am spreading the word to all that you should go clean out under your lint catcher thing so your house doesn't start on fire!
Here are a few tips from The Family Handy Man on how to clean the lint out of your dryer.
If you so experience and fire caused by your dyer or any other appliances in your home call SERVPRO today! SERVPRO will come and mitigate the damage, clean up & restore the affected area, and make it “Like it never even happened.”
How To Prepare For A Big Summer Storm
Be Prepared Before the Summer Storms Hit!
It is almost Summer and now is the best time to start thinking about preparing for summer, and part of summer is summer storms. It maybe nice and warm outside but that doesn't mean that summer storms are not dangerous and will not cause any damage. Follow these simple tips below to be more prepared.
After using common sense to prepare, follow these simple guidelines:
- Charge all mobile devices
- Make as much ice as possible or go buy some at your nearest store and have a cooler handy in case the power goes out.
- Get lots of water handy for drinking, washing, etc.
- Move plants in doors or as close to the building as possible.
- Fill you gas tanks up in your cars and any extra tanks you have.
- Get cash
- Get a light source; flashlights and batteries, candles, etc.
- Set your thermostat a little lower than usual. (If they power goes out it is going to get hot)
- Have games and things to do inside handy.
- Do the dishes and laundry so your stuff doesn’t stink before the power comes back on.
- Take a shower, if you’re A/C goes off you are going to get sweaty really fast.
- Move your car away from trees.
- Strap anything outside that might fly way down or put inside a shed. (trampolines, BBQ, tables and chairs, etc.)
- Make sure your pets are set and protected as well.
If you do have damage to your home and need assistance call SERVPRO today!
Spring Snow Melt Causes High Rivers and Flooding in Utah
It’s been a winter of extremes. While November and December didn’t yield much snow pack, January, February, and March delivered between 200 to 300 percent of average and April has been following suit. What will follow is anyone’s guess, will April warm up quick or will it stay cool. Either way Utah is bound for flooding from St. George to Moab, up to Logan and everywhere in between.
Many homes are at risk for flash flooding if the weather warms up fast. Utah also experienced an active fire season last year which as created many burn scar areas. Experts are expecting to fill most of our reservoirs and as always to have full, quick, powerful rivers which can lead to dangerous situations and flooding.
Around twenty percent of flood insurance claims occur in moderate-to-low-risk zones. Kathy Holder of the national flood insurance coordinator for Utah, said only about 4,000 households have flood insurance. This is alarming because even areas that are not in high risk areas are at risk. In an article posted by www.ready.gov by FEMA is states “Everyone is at risk for flooding, yet most remain unprotected. Just a few inches of water can cause tens of thousands of dollars in damage. Between 2006-2010 the average flood claim was nearly $34,000. That’s more than many survivors can afford to pay out of pocket for damages due to flooding, and without flood insurance, many must cover the cost to repair or rebuild on their own.
Follow these tips from FEMA to prepare and reduce your risk.
BE FLOODSMART – REDUCE YOUR RISK
A flood does not have to be a catastrophic event to bring high out-of-pocket costs, and you don’t have to live in a high-risk flood area to suffer
- The time to prepare is now. Visit ready.gov/floods for more on family preparedness for flood and other emergencies. There are a number of steps individuals and families can take to better prepare themselves for flooding and reduce their risks. Remember to have a family evacuation plan, put an emergency kit together, and keep important papers and valuables in a safe, dry place. Gather supplies in case of a storm, strengthen your home against damage, and review your insurance coverages.
- Only flood insurance covers flood damage. Most standard homeowners’ policies do not cover flood damage. Remember: it typically takes 30 days for a new flood insurance policy to go into effect, so get your policy now. Flood insurance is also affordable. An average flood policy costs around $600 a year, and rates start at just $129 a year for homes in moderate-to-low-risk areas.
Visit floodsmart.gov (or call 1-800-427-2419) to learn more about individual flood risk, explore coverage options, and to find an agent in your area
If you experience damage from flooding call SERVPRO of North Utah County as soon as possible and let us help you minimize the damage and cleanup. We will make it “Like it never even happened."